Travel Documents for Children for International Holiday
- Even an infant needs a passport to travel between nations and in many cases to return to one’s home country.
- An infant may need his or her birth certificate
- Older kids should keep their ID cards
- When just one parent is travelling with children, some countries might need a consent letter from the missing parent. This generally happens in countries where parental overseas abduction and child trafficking is common. If one parent is deceased, you may need proof of that as well.
- Children flying without their parents will need their guardians to have a note of consent signed by both parents, stating their consent for the travel.